Annual Fund Manager ($55,000/annually/Full time, Exempt with full benefits)
Title: Annual Fund Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Status: Full Time/Exempt
Reports To: Director of Development
Department: Administration/Resource Development
Location: Main office (1008 Bullard Court, Raleigh, NC 27615)
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The Annual Fund Manager is an essential part of the Resource Development team at Haven House Services, working collaboratively with the Director of Development and Volunteer & Marketing Coordinator to develop, implement, and evaluate Haven House’s year-round fundraising program. The Annual Fund manager is responsible for the planning and execution of a successful peer-to-peer giving annual campaign, year-end giving campaign, and annual executive challenge peer-to-peer giving campaign. The Annual Fund Manager also manages corporate giving, primarily through the agency’s Partner program, and coordinates donor stewardship activities.
Specific position duties and responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for fall annual peer-to-peer campaign, including:
- Working with campaign leadership to create timeline, theme, and goals
- Ongoing recruitment and year-long stewardship of annual campaign volunteers
- Using peer-to-peer fundraising software to build and update campaign site
- Developing campaign collateral and fundraising tools
- Scheduling and hosting volunteer training and organizing campaign-related events
- Managing weekly volunteer check-ins, organizing volunteer engagement opportunities, and creating and distributing ongoing volunteer updates to encourage and support fundraisers in reaching fundraising goals.
- Working with Volunteer & Marketing Coordinator (VMC) to create content volunteer fundraisers can easily share and use to engage their networks
- Plan campaign wrap-up events and volunteer recognition
- Track and evaluate campaign performance, using data to refine recruitment and fundraising strategies to enhance participation and revenue
Year-End Giving & Direct Mail Appeals:
- Work with staff to identify impact story/stories for appeals and with VMC to write and design direct mail pieces; select and work with printer to produce appeals
- Work with VMC to create digital appeals and posts to support campaigns
- Determine timing of direct mail and digital campaigns and work with VMC to pull and clean direct mail list
- Create and implement strategies to meet annual new donor and donor retention goals.
Executive Challenge Campaign:
- Work with board and RD Committee to recruit executives to participate in Executive Challenge
- Use peer-to-peer fundraising software to build challenge site; create challenge collateral and email/social media templates to support executives in reaching their fundraising goals
- Provide engagement and recognition opportunities for executives during and after the challenge
- Gather feedback post-challenge to identify ways to improve challenge and process in future years
- Work with Director of Development to develop annual Partner program sponsorship materials, renew existing partners, and recruit new partners.
- Build and strengthen relationships with partners, providing engagement opportunities and impact reports, and ensure partners receive all program benefits
- Assists in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding donors, including annual giving individuals, recurring donors, and corporate partners; Oversees implementation of agency’s “Donor’s Journey” activities
Events and Outreach:
- Works closely with Director of Development, VMC, and volunteers to plan and execute agency fundraising events
- Represents agency at public presentations, third-party fundraisers, corporate giving presentations, and other events as needed.
- Organizes and serves as the staff lead for the Resource Development Committee
General agency duties and responsibilities:
- Completes all required trainings
- Participates in agency outreach and fundraising events
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist in other agency programs as needed
- Acts as a custodian and demonstrates responsible and ethical use of agency property and facilities
- Displays sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Strives to embody the agency’s Code of Ethics while working towards the agency’s Mission
- Learns and demonstrates Agency-wide Competencies including the areas of consumer and community relationships, continuous individual and agency-wide improvement, vision and purpose, respect and teamwork and positive leadership
- Learns, develops, and models Positive Youth Development core competencies resulting in capacity to contribute to the mission of Haven House Services and be a resource to our youth and families, other partner organizations, and our community
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3-5 years of relevant experience working with a nonprofit organization.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong and persuasive writing, editing, and storytelling skills to meaningfully connect people from a variety of audiences to our mission. English fluency, including accuracy in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Tech savvy with experience using donor customer relation management software and other fundraising-related programs.
- Excellent computer software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with graphic design, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite applications, video editing, MailChimp, and WordPress preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to make judgments, assume responsibility, and produce stellar work under the pressure of deadlines and timelines.
- A strong team player, who is also a self-starter with a desire to take on new challenges.
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, flexibility, sense of humor, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Integrity in relationships with donors, prospective donors, volunteers, and colleagues.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Proof of current/valid car insurance
- Acceptable background report
- Negative drug screen results