Capital Campaign Coordinator, $40,000/annually/Full Time/Non Exempt/ Temporary/12 month position
Title: Capital Campaign Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Employment Status: Full Time/Temporary/12 months
Reports To: Director of Development
Department: Administration/Resource Development
Location: Main office (1008 Bullard Court, Raleigh, NC 27615)
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The Capital Campaign Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support for Haven House Services’ capital campaign activities, events, meetings, etc. The Coordinator utilizes exceptional organizational and database management skills to coordinate campaign activities, manage prospect lists, schedule, confirm, and prepare for meetings and events, and ensure accurate and prompt gift acknowledgment and tracking. The Coordinator will regularly interact with donors and volunteers in person, by phone, and in writing. The Coordinator will be a key member of a small Resource Development department and must be a tech-savvy, team player willing to support Haven House’s overall strategic and development plans.
Specific position duties and responsibilities:
Administration support of capital campaign
- Provide support to the Capital Campaign Steering Committee Chair and committee members, Haven House’s Director of Development, agency staff, volunteers, and/or consultants to manage the day-to-day administration of the capital campaign, which includes, but is not limited to, scheduling meetings, attending and keeping accurate meeting notes and records, following up with committee members and prospective or current donors, and ensuring timely and accurate gift acknowledgment and tracking
- Respond to inquiries from donors, committee members, vendors, and others in person, on the phone, and/or in writing
- Assist with planning and executing campaign events including onsite meetings and visits, confirming participants and guests, greeting, catering, tour planning, and follow-up
- Keep campaign marketing materials, reports, budget, and shared documents up-to-date and easily accessible for campaign steering committee and leaderships
- Conduct prospect identification and research utilizing wealth screening technology
- Participate in stewardship activities including phone calls to donors
- Prepare and print various types of correspondence; prepare mailings
- Assist with other responsibilities as assigned by Director of Development
Gift Acknowledgment and Tracking
- Ensure each gift is entered appropriately in the donor database and campaign tracking reports; track pledges and send; and keep campaign leadership informed of all gifts
- Coordinate prompt thank you for each donation from Haven House and second thank you from campaign steering committee member
- Maintain an updated list of naming opportunities
- Assist in executing the campaign’s marketing plan to keep the campaign in the public’s eye and maintain momentum
- Utilize MailChimp to create and send campaign e-updates and newsletters. Write donor spotlight features and client success stories
- Manage and update the capital campaign website (WordPress)
- Assist with planning and supporting campaign-related events, including kickoffs, open houses, and stewardship events
- Help secure auction items for public phase launch event
General agency duties and responsibilities:
- Completes all required trainings
- Participates in agency outreach and fundraising events
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist in other agency programs as needed
- Acts as a custodian and demonstrates responsible and ethical use of agency property and facilities
- Displays sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Strives to embody the agency’s Code of Ethics while working towards the agency’s Mission
- Learns and demonstrates Agency-wide Competencies including the areas of consumer and community relationships, continuous individual and agency-wide improvement, vision and purpose, respect and teamwork and positive leadership
- Learns, develops, and models Positive Youth Development core competencies resulting in capacity to contribute to the mission of Haven House Services and be a resource to our youth and families, other partner organizations, and our community
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum one years’ experience in a related work environment
- Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Fundraising, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and/or video production or editing is an asset.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong and persuasive writing, editing, and storytelling skills to meaningfully connect people from a variety of audiences to our mission. English fluency, including accuracy in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Tech savvy with experience managing and creating content for websites, social media channels, and email marketing. Experience with WordPress and/or MailChimp a plus.
- Excellent computer software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with graphic design, Adobe Creative Suite applications, video editing and donor database software a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to make judgments, assume responsibility, and produce stellar work under the pressure of deadlines and timelines.
- A strong team player, who is also a self-starter with a desire to take on new challenges.
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, flexibility, sense of humor, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Integrity in relationships with donors, prospective donors, volunteers and colleagues.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Proof of current/valid car insurance
- Acceptable background report
- Negative drug screen results