Clinical Director; $75,000 full-time/exempt
November 29, 2021
|Title: Clinical Director||FLSA Status: exempt||Employment Status: Full-time|
|Reports To: Chief Operating Officer||Department: Administration||Last Evaluated: 11/29/2021|
|Location: Main Office||Supervisory Responsibilities: None|
The clinical director will prepare the agency for growth and change in the context of Medicaid Transformation by increasing internal capacity to deliver care management and manage billable mental health services through collaboration with senior leadership.
Specific position duties and responsibilities:
· Participate in the defining of the integrated care model for Haven house, recruit and train staff on identified model.
· Implement an evidence-based practice outpatient model, building in quality assurance processes to maintain fidelity to the model.
· Maintain (limited) caseload of outpatient therapy clients.
· Provide clinical support to clinicians across the agency; prioritizing JAT, MST, CHS and GRIT.
· Work with COO to maintain and update operational and clinical policies and procedures.
· Provide strategic direction for programmatic planning and growth to include Medicaid transformation, contributing to budgeting discussion, practice development and partnership opportunities.
· Work with programs to maximize the use of NC Care 360 as a resource and referral network.
· Work as part of a team to ensure authorizations are submitted in a timely manner, monitor approval/denial rate of authorizations and participate in tracking billing data to maximize reimbursement.
· Review and monitor referral information for all billable programs and work with program staff to drive referrals to programs to ensure sustainable growth.
· Develop a strategy and capacity for attendance at all relevant stakeholder meetings (standard and tailored plan providers etc..)
· Provide supervision to provisionally licensed master’s level clinician for purposes of obtaining license.
· Provide supervision as clinically appropriate to master’s level interns.
· Clinical Director will be familiar with internal and external standards of Haven House’s various clinical programs. Responsible for creating/assuring systems are in place to monitor compliance with fidelity to evidence-based practices.
· Demonstrate knowledge of and comply with all agency policies and procedures as well as applicable state and federal statutes and regulations related to programs (e.g. service definition requirements, documentation requirements, etc.)
· Participate in the agencies afterhours or on-call system.
Develops and maintains effective working relationships with stakeholders from the systems that impact our youth, to include, but not limited to referral sources, juvenile court, and regulatory agencies.
Assures that the organization and its mission, programs and services are consistently presented with a strong, positive image to stakeholders.
Provides administrative support to the COO and CEO as needed
Monitors and leads performance and quality improvement initiatives in the identified programs, to include the ongoing monitoring of program data that measures the success of program efforts. Works with the Chief Operating Officer and the Director of Quality and strategic initiatives in refining or changing program services in a data driven framework.
Provides strong leadership, to include promoting a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance and rewards productivity in the identified programs.
General agency duties and responsibilities:
Completes all required training
Participates in agency outreach and fundraising events
Demonstrates a willingness to assist in other agency programs as needed
Acts as a custodian and demonstrates responsible and ethical use of agency property and facilities
Displays sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
Strives to embody the agency’s Code of Ethics while working towards the agency’s Mission
Learns and demonstrates Agency-wide Competencies including the areas of consumer and community relationships, continuous individual and agency-wide improvement, vision and purpose, respect and teamwork and positive leadership
Learns, develops, and models Positive Youth Development core competencies resulting in capacity to contribute to the mission of Haven House Services and be a resource to our youth and families, other partner organizations, and our community
Other duties as assigned
|Minimum qualifications: · |
Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience including program development and management.
Minimum of 5 years of experience working directly with individuals with mental/behavioral health needs.
Master’s Degree in social work, or related field with full licensure (LCSW, LCMHC, LMFT, LPA) required. MSW/LCSW preferred.
|Knowledge, skills and abilities: |
Demonstrated ability to balance and communicate clinical quality concerns and productivity expectations.
Strong working knowledge of NC Medicaid Transformation and behavioral health delivery system in NC.
Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to convert big picture goals to operational tactics
Knowledge of mental health diagnosis within current DSM5, individual and group modalities.
Knowledge of various evidence-based practices that support individuals who receive services from Haven House
|Other requirements: Valid North Carolina Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record|
Personal vehicle for use in conducting home visits and/or transporting clients in the event agency vehicles aren’t available
Proof of current/valid car insurance
Acceptable background report
Negative drug screen results
|Work environment: Evening and weekend hours required as needed|
Culture of care and wellness in the office
Potential exposure to bloodborne and/or airborne pathogens