Crisis and Homeless Services Coordinated Entry Case Manager -Part-time, non-exempt, $15/hour
April 22, 2022
|Title: Crisis and Homeless Services Coordinated Entry Case Manager||FLSA Status: Non-exempt||Employment Status: Part time|
|Reports To: SO/TIP Operations Coordinator||Department: Crisis and Homeless Services||Last Evaluated: 3/14/2021|
|Location: Main office||Supervisory Responsibilities: None|
CHS Coordinated Entry staff facilitates a safe and therapeutic environment in the 24 hour crisis shelter or main office
by assisting and/or observing staff that are providing services directly to clients, their families and involved
Specific position duties and responsibilities:
• Serves as initial contact to homeless youth (crisis calls, walk-ins, scheduled appointments) referred through
• Administers screening, assessment, intake and case management to youth referred through Coordinated
• Provides short-term case management to interested clients 22-24 years of age.
• Communicates to supervisors concerns including, but not limited to, documentation and training needs.
• Maintains and updates all client data on required documents/records in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist with follow-up, aftercare calls and filing.
• Assist staff in obtaining client’s basic needs items such as hygiene kits, food and clothing.
• Collaborates with the Street Outreach and Transition In Place programs in ensuring that youth served through
Coordinated Entry are connected with the proper program to meet their needs.
• Establishes and maintains collaborative partnerships with law enforcement, juvenile justice, human service
agencies, schools and other Coordinated Entry access sites. Will also attend Coordinated Entry community
meetings/trainings as needed.
General agency duties and responsibilities:
• Completes all required trainings
• Participates in agency outreach and fundraising events
• Demonstrates a willingness to assist in other agency programs as needed
• Acts as a custodian and demonstrates responsible and ethical use of agency property and facilities
• Displays sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
• Strives to embody the agency’s Code of Ethics while working towards the agency’s Mission
• Learns and demonstrates Agency-wide Competencies including the areas of consumer and community
relationships, continuous individual and agency-wide improvement, vision and purpose, respect and
teamwork and positive leadership
• Learns, develops, and models Positive Youth Development core competencies resulting in capacity to
contribute to the mission of Haven House Services and be a resource to our youth and families, other partner
organizations, and our community
• Other duties as assigned
|Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a human service field from an accredited institution Two years of related experience and/or training with at-risk youth and/or the homeless population.|
|Knowledge, skills and abilities: Knowledge of local community resources Experience with client documentation and file management Strong written and verbal communication skills|
|Other requirements: Valid North Carolina Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record Personal vehicle for use in conducting home visits and/or transporting clients in the event agency vehicles aren’t available Proof of current/valid car insurance Acceptable background report Negative drug screen results|
|Work environment: Occasional evening and weekend hours required Culture of care and wellness in the office Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions Potential exposure to bloodborne and/or airborne pathogens|