Juvenile Assessment Team Case manager -$42,000full-time, non-exempt, full benefits
August 10, 2023
|Title: Juvenile Assessment Team Case manager||FLSA Status: Non-exempt||Employment Status: Full-time|
|Reports To: Director of Programs||Department: Juvenile assessment Teams||Last Evaluated: 08/10/2023|
|Location: Main office||Supervisory Responsibilities: None|
|Summary: Oversight of all JAT referrals received. Manages a high volume of communications in fast paced environment. This position is a critical component of the Juvenile Assessment Team that ensures referred youth receive prompt access to services.|
|Specific Duties and Responsibilities: · |
· Responsible for managing all referrals received including calling, scheduling, confirming, and sending documentation.
· Facilitates all needs for both prior, day of, and after appointment.
· Provides communication of updates to court officials, stakeholders, and staff.
· Completes follow up tasks related to connecting youth to services recommended and coordinating with agencies and organizations in the community.
· Schedules appointments for clinical assessments at times that are convenient for families (including non-traditional work hours).
· Works closely with referred youth and families, assigned juvenile court counselors, and all relevant stakeholders to coordinate all efforts that support the completion of the clinical assessment.
· Ensures all key stakeholders are kept informed of all progress made from point of referral to point of assessment completion and recommendations made.
· Facilitates referrals, linking youth to recommended services resulting from the clinical assessment. Follows up with families and partner agencies to ensure connection to recommended services.
· Adheres to program guidelines related to service delivery and identified practices/approaches.
· Complies with all record management requirements, to include timely and detailed service documentation, data tracking on program spreadsheets and data entry in relevant databases.
· Participates in all JJBH and Court Counselor meetings, will hold office hours at juvenile court counselor offices as assigned as appropriate and facilitates continued partnerships.
· Maintains contact with JJBH partner agencies, staying informed of services provided, capacity to accept referrals, and agency contacts.
· Participates in all agency training, program training, supervision, and consultation activities
· Responsible for accurate and timely documentation in EHR, entering and tracking data on program spreadsheets.
General agency duties and responsibilities:
Completes all required trainings
Participates in agency outreach and fundraising events
Demonstrates a willingness to assist in other agency programs as needed
Acts as a custodian and demonstrates responsible and ethical use of agency property and facilities
Displays sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
Strives to embody the agency’s Code of Ethics while working towards the agency’s Mission
Learns and demonstrates Agency-wide Competencies including the areas of consumer and community relationships, continuous individual and agency-wide improvement, vision and purpose, respect and teamwork and positive leadership
Learns, develops, and models Positive Youth Development core competencies resulting in capacity to contribute to the mission of Haven House Services and be a resource to our youth and families, other partner organizations, and our community
|Minimum qualifications: · A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a human service field with two years of experience working with youth who are involved with or at risk for involvement with the juvenile justice system.|
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a field other than human services, with four years of experience working with youth who are involved with or at risk for involvement with the juvenile justice system.
|Knowledge, skills and abilities: · Excellent organizational and time management skills|
· Ability to accomplish/complete tasks while ensuring that information is complete and accurate.
· Strong computer software skills including word, excel and data entry.
Strong written and verbal communication skills
|Other requirements: Valid North Carolina Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record Personal vehicle for use in conducting home visits and/or transporting clients in the event agency vehicles aren’t available Proof of current/valid car insurance Acceptable background report Negative drug screen results|
|Work environment: Occasional evening and weekend hours required Culture of care and wellness in the office Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions Potential exposure to bloodborne and/or airborne pathogens|