Office and Facility Operations Coordinator (Full Time/ starting at $42,000/yr)
August 28, 2022
|This position serves an essential part of the administrative team. It is full-time, non-exempt (hourly) and pays $42,000 /annually with full benefits. We offer a generous benefits program that is outlined on the main careers page. Come join a dynamic nonprofit that is committed to serving youth in our community!|
Title: Office and Facility Operations Coordinator
|Reports To: Director of Human Resources||Department: Administration|
|Location: 1008 Bullard Court|
This position provides administrative and operational support to agency senior leadership and multiple departments, including HR, Finance, Quality Management, and Resource Development.
|Specific position duties and responsibilities: |
· Supervises receptionist to ensure routine administrative matters are handled in a timely manner
· Provides backup to the receptionist during peak times, breaks, and PTO.
· Provides administrative support to senior management team
· Management of information technology needs, equipment, and maintenance
· Assists in gathering data for budget and funding application preparations.
· Files financial, grant/funding information and reports
· Reconciles report discrepancies and problems; assists in report preparation; edits written material as requested; prepares reports/spreadsheets as requested.
· Takes meeting minutes as requested; serves on agency committees as requested. Is responsible for maintaining official Board and Management Team minutes.
· Coordinates Board meeting preparation and other agency/program meetings as requested
· Works with administrative interns; may be responsible for coordinating and monitoring administrative intern/volunteer duties
Building and Vehicle Maintenance
· Maintains service contracts
· Coordinates maintenance for building and systems
· Maintains agency vehicle mileage logs.
· Coordinates agency vehicle safety inspections and repair work.
· Assists in coordination of agency facility needs to include maintenance and repair coordination
Assists HR Director with the recruitment, interview, and hiring processes for all new employees including but not limited to screening resumes, completing background checks and drug test registrations, posting vacant position on hiring platforms and participating in interviews as needed.
Creates, and maintains personnel records for required documentation including but not limited to filing, updating tracking spreadsheets and completing quarterly record reviews.
· Oversees the agency training schedule and schedules agencies led trainings as needed.
Assist HR Director with student interns by serving as an additional point of contact, completing interviews, reference and background checks and connecting with appropriate program placement.
Active participant in orientation/onboarding of student interns and new employees.
Provides support to HR Director for position management including job evaluation and job description revisions.
Maintains an effective working relationship with appropriate staff of regulatory agencies.
· Coordinates collection and preparation of time and attendance records and ensures records are approved by directors.
· Works with the Director of HR to review necessary dates and allocations and submits any changes to payroll service.
· Verifies staff PTO assignments and balances and ensures appropriate use of PTO.
· Prepares and submits payroll data for processing.
· Receives and distributes paychecks as necessary.
· Reviews Quarterly and Annual Payroll reports prepared by payroll service.
General agency duties and responsibilities:
Completes all required trainings
Participates in agency outreach and fundraising events
Demonstrates a willingness to assist in other agency programs as needed
Acts as a custodian and demonstrates responsible and ethical use of agency property and facilities
Displays sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
Strives to embody the agency’s Code of Ethics while working towards the agency’s
Mission Learns and demonstrates Agency-wide Competencies including the areas of consumer and community relationships, continuous individual and agency-wide improvement, vision and purpose, respect and teamwork and positive leadership Learns, develops, and models Positive Youth Development core competencies resulting in capacity to contribute to the mission of Haven House Services and be a resource to our youth and families, other partner organizations, and our community
Other duties as assigned
|Minimum qualifications: · |
Associate degree (bachelor’s preferred) in HR or related field.
Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in an administrative role.
|Knowledge, skills and abilities: |
· Strong computer software skills including word, excel and data entry.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to accomplish/complete multiple tasks while ensuring that information is complete and accurate
· Ability to effectively problem solve and collaborate with all levels of staff
|Other requirements: |
Valid North Carolina Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
Personal vehicle for use in conducting home visits and/or transporting clients in the event agency vehicles aren’t available
Proof of current/valid car insurance
Acceptable background report
Negative drug screen results
|Culture of care and wellness in the office|
Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions Potential exposure to bloodborne and/or airborne pathogens