Thank you for joining Haven House Services’ Charity fundraiser.
This tournament is meant to be fun for everyone and the most important rule of this tournament is that it is based on the honor system. Scores will be self-reported by players. Please play your rounds and report your actual score!
This event is designed to be a single player event. We would love to have multiple family members participate. Just make sure each family member is registered individually and their score is submitted under their name by the deadline listed below.
What You Need to Play
- A cornhole board (1)
- At least 2 bags
- An area to play that allows at least 27 feet from the end of the board to your throwing line (outside or inside playing areas allowed)
- A measuring tape or way to measure 27 feet from the end of the board to your throwing line
- A way to mark your throwing line
How You Keep Score
- Players will stand anywhere behind their throwing line; throw bags from behind the line
- Players play 12 rounds by tossing 2 bags a total of 12 times (2 bags tossed = 1 round; tossing 24 bags in total). Clear the cornhole board of any bags between rounds.
- Count every bag, no mulligans/do overs
- Bag on the board is 1 point
- Bag in the hole is 3 points
- Bag must land and stay on the board (without touching the ground before or after) or go through the hole to score
- Maximum point total per round is 6.
- Players add up their scores for each round to get their final score for the tournament.
- For the purpose of tie-breaking only, players should also make a note of how many bags in the hole (3-pointers) are made during the entire game. In the event of a tie, the player who had the most 3-pointers in their 12-round match wins the match. In the event there is still a tie after the initial tiebreaker, the winner will be drawn at random from the tied players.
- Players can record their score on the downloadable scoreboard and submit a picture or scan of it OR just email their final score to Lauren at email@example.com by 3 p.m. on December 21st. If no score is submitted from a player by this time, they will not be considered for a prize.
- Click here to download the Tinsel Toss scoreboard. It is not mandatory that you use this scoreboard in order to submit your score.
- All players who are registered and paid by midnight on Sunday, December 20, 2020, will be placed into 32-player groups.
- Scores are due back to Haven House by 3 p.m. on December 21st. Scores can be submitted via email to Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org. By 5 p.m. on December 22hd, Haven House will post the winning score from each 32-player group to the main Tinsel Toss event page and notify winners.
- There will be one winner declared for each 32-player group in the tournament. The winner of each group will win a $50 Amazon gift card. Prizes will be e-mailed to winners.
- In addition, one player in each group will be randomly selected to win a $20 Amazon gift card just for playing!
Questions? Contact Lauren at email@example.com.