3/17 Update: Due to the COVID-19 virus, we are currently not accepting new individual or group volunteers. If you are looking for a way to help, please consider collecting items from our wishlist or purchasing an item from our Amazon wishlist for direct delivery to us. If you have items you have collected, contact Libby Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate delivery. Please do not drop by our main office or Wrenn House shelter without an appointment.
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with Haven House Services! Please read on to see if you think we would be a good fit.
Here are some specific projects we are currently recruiting for:
Second Round Advisory Committee Member (Ongoing 2020) Committee members will assist with fundraising for our Second Round Program. Second Round is a boxing and physical fitness program for youth in need.
Resource Development Committee Member (Ongoing 2020) Committee members will provide support to the overall fundraising efforts of Haven House Services.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Libby Stephens, at email@example.com for more information.
Here are some other ways to help:
Volunteer hours are primarily available weekdays between 8:30am and 4:00pm with occasional opportunities for special events. At this time, we are unable to provide court-ordered community service opportunities for individuals over 18. Opportunities include:
- General office assistance: data entry, mailing help, flyer creation
- Food Pantry Support: supplementing non-perishable food by bringing fresh foods (fruits/vegetables, dairy products, etc.) to our facility for distribution
- Organization: Organizing clothes and donations for our youth and families in need
- Assistance with fundraising, special events or grant writing
- Handyman assistance: general repairs and facilities improvements; must be 18 or older.
- Yard Maintenance Volunteer: grounds maintenance at Wrenn House. Duties include mowing a small area of lawn, raking leaves, trimming, etc. Schedule can be determined with Wrenn House staff. Must be at least 18 years old and have transportation to and from work site.
These are just examples, so if you are interested in something else, let us know!
If you are a current volunteer looking to log their volunteer hours, click here.
Receive volunteer opportunities by email!
If you would like to be added to our email list, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Interest Form
If you are interested in volunteering with Haven House Services please submit this online volunteer interest form and our Volunteer Coordinator will get back in touch with you shortly! Thank you.